Meat Buyers Guide
Get the NEW 8th edition Meat Buyer’s Guide® Now
Newly revised, the 8th edition of The Meat Buyer’s Guide® is the first universal meat-cut reference for the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Pre-order it now athttp://shop.meatbuyersguide.com, +1 800.932.0617, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Meat Buyer’s Guide® has been the premier resource for the people who buy, sell, cut, cook, eat and enjoy meat for more than 50 years. It’s a high-quality publication that covers beef, pork, lamb, veal and poultry; includes vivid color photography; and sets the standard for guidance on meat nomenclature.
The new edition features:
- 40 new cuts 84 major specification revisions New item names and descriptions to reflect current industry practices
- Processing options that reflect industry innovations Updated nutritional information
- A compact layout that makes the book 22 percent lighter than the previous edition
- More than 50 new photos QR code links to 18 cutting videos
- Product facts from 10 producer groups in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Australia
- Culinary guidance from the American Culinary Federation (ACF)
For U.S. users, The Guide includes a complete update of all of the U.S. Institutional Meat Purchase Specifications (IMPS), making all of them current.
For Canadian users, The Guide represents the official Canadian government adoption of the same nomenclature for wholesale cuts and specifications, making it fully applicable to the Canadian meat trade. The online version will include French translations of the meat cuts.
For Mexican users, The Guide includes Spanish translations of meat cut names for the Mexican meat, foodservice and restaurant trades, and a complete Spanish translation in the online version.
Electronic Meat Buyers Guide
There is also an online electronic version complete with high definition video that lets you see cutting demonstrations of the most commonly-produced beef, pork, lamb and veal cuts. Special features include vivid color photography and a searchable database of cuts and terms make this a must-have for anyone buying and selling meat or serving the industry.
Because it is from NAMI, you can be assured that what you’re reading and seeing is the industry standard.
Meat Buyer’s Guide Posters
Also available: The Red Meat Series of Meat Buyer’s Guide posters.