North American Meat Institute provides unique guidance as a grassroots organizer
NAMI members come together for brainstorming sessions that result in expert real-world guidelines for direct application in meat plants. These guidance documents are then reviewed by reputable academic and professional sources for accuracy and relevance.
The below Best Practices documents exemplify this important contribution to industry quality and improvements:
- Guidance for Allergen Control in Meat Establishments
- Guidance for Selecting a Commercial or Private Laboratory
- Guide to E. coli O157:H7 Testing of Raw Ground Beef and Raw Ground Beef Components
- Industry Best Practices for Holding Tested Products
- Guidelines for Developing Best Practices for Beef Slaughter
- Good Manufacturing Guidelines for the Removal of Spinal Cord During Slaughter Operations and Sampling and Testing of Advanced Meat Recovery Product for Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein Analysis
- Guidelines for Developing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Environmental Sampling/Testing Recommendations (ESTRs)-Ready to Eat Products
NAMI is also a member of the Beef Industry Food Safety Council (BIFSCo), which has worked since January of 2003 to develop many excellent best practice documents. These documents are written and approved by people who will be using these practices every day in their sectors of the beef industry.