NAMI Emerging Leaders Program
The North American Meat Institute and leaders across animal protein are uniting in the largest-ever effort to strengthen animal protein’s contributions to healthy people, healthy animals, healthy communities, and a healthy environment through the Protein PACT for People, Animals and the Climate of Tomorrow. Our vision is to better align the industry with consumer, customer and investor expectations and drive future success of our member businesses.
The Emerging Leaders Program applies this vision to future industry executives, and is designed to guide and prepare mid to senior level meat industry professionals ready to take the next step in their leadership journey. This unique program convenes classes of NAMI members for a multi-faceted, year-long curriculum centered around the core pillars of NAMI’s Protein PACT, which are, animal welfare, environmental impact, food safety, health and wellness, and labor and human rights. This program is also an opportunity to strengthen our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by expanding access to training and development opportunities to more diverse voices and backgrounds – ensuring our industry is well-positioned to achieve goals and priorities.
This program prepares participants with the knowledge and understanding, at both the industry level and operational level, they need to champion continuous improvement within their own organizations and the industry.
Participants will receive a curated experience, build relationships with their peers, develop leadership skills and learn to become leaders of their business and champions of Protein PACT and the meat industry.
- Be an employee of a NAMI member company or a Protein PACT partner
- Be a mid to senior level executive at the time the application is received
- Have the support of senior management at your organization
- Join one of NAMI’s committees listed
- International Affairs
- Communications and Marketing
- Cyber Security
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Food Security
- Worker Safety and Health
- Labor and Employment
- Animal Welfare
- Health and Wellness
- Environmental Affairs
- Scientific Affairs (SAC)
- Food Safety and Inspection Affairs (FSIAC)
- Plan to attend the Virtual Networking and Protein PACT Presentation briefing webinar to be held shortly after winner announcement (September 2022)
- Plan to attend the 2022 Protein PACT Summit (October 13-14, 2022, Orlando, FL)
- Plan to attend the 2023 Environment, Labor & Safety Conference (April 18-20, 2023, Carlsbad, CA)
- Plan to attend the 2023 Protein PACT Summit (October 5-6, 2023, San Diego, CA)
- Plan to attend at least five webinars hosted by NAMI throughout the year
- Plan to attend two virtual discussion forums to be scheduled at a later time
- Applications open August 1st and close August 15th
- The twelve selected individuals will be announced by September 1, 2022.
- To determine winners, answers will be
scored on the following factors:
- Commitment to continuous improvement efforts in the meat industry
- Individual initiative
- Leadership potential
- Communication/clarity of information
The winners will receive the following:
- Complimentary registration for the for the 2022 & 2023 Protein PACT Summits, annual conferences, and NAMI hosted webinars.
- Invitation to board meetings and networking events
- Winners will be partnered with an industry mentor to help guide them throughout the year
- Other networking opportunities
Questions? Please contact Megan McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org.