The new Board members were elected during AMI's Annual Business Meeting, which was held during AMI’s Annual Convention and Innovation Showcase, October 24-26, in New Orleans, LA.
New members of AMI’s Board of Directors include:
- James E. Anderson, President, Marlen Research Corporation, Overland Park, KS
- William A. Barnette, III, Vice President, Greenwood Packing Plant, Greenwood, SC
- Michel L. Defenbau, President & CEO, Multivac, Inc., Kansas City, MO
- Ray De Riggi, President & COO, ConAgra Refrigerated Foods Inc., Downers Grove, IL
- Robert S. Kopriva, President & CEO, Sara Lee Foods, Cincinnati, OH
- Chris Kunzler, III, Executive Vice President, Kunzler & Co., Lancaster, PA
- Thomas K. Leidy, President, Leidy’s Inc., Souderton, PA
- Ira Mendelson, President & CEO, Murry’s, Inc., Upper Marlboro, MD
- T.J. Russell, President & CEO, Cloverdale Foods Company, Mandan, ND
- W. Lacky Stephens, President, R.L. Zeigler Co., Inc., Tuscaloosa, AL
Kopriva will replace the retiring Bill Geoppinger, of Sara Lee Foods.
“These individuals bring to the Board of Directors years of industry experience, as well as a diverse perspective on the meat and poultry industry, that will help AMI meet the challenges of the coming years,” said AMI President J. Patrick Boyle.
AMI represents the interests of packers and processors of beef, pork, lamb, veal and turkey products and their suppliers throughout North America. Together, AMI's members produce 95 percent of the beef, pork, lamb and veal products and 70 percent of the turkey products in the U.S. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute provides legislative, regulatory, public relations, technical, scientific and educational services to the industry. Its affiliate, the AMI Foundation, is a separate 501(c)3 organization that conducts research, education and information projects for the industry.