Meat Institute Previews Fall and Winter EventsThursday, May 28, 2015
(North American Meat Institute)
The Meat Institute is reminding members to mark their calendars for events scheduled to take place in fall 2015 and winter 2016. An overview of NAMI and NAMI Foundation events is provided below.
- The Beef Safety Conference will take place September 9-10, 2015, in Rosemont, Illinois. This conference provides valuable insights for beef processors, numerous networking opportunities and access to the latest information to assist companies in improving food safety programs.
- The Animal Care and Handling Conference is scheduled to take place October 15-16, 2015, in Kansas City, Missouri. This workshop is designed to help companies improve productivity, efficiency and product quality and to offer an overview of the most current humane handling and stunning practices.
- The North American Meat Institute Foundation's Advanced Listeria monocytogenes Intervention and Control Workshop will take place October 20-21, 2015, in Kansas City Missouri. This workshop examines effective methods to test for Listeria monocytogenes and covers appropriate standards and procedures for processing ready-to-eat products.
- The Outlook Conference and Board of Directors Meeting will take place November 1-4, 2015, in Washington D.C., and will feature the first NAMI general membership meeting, the Meat Industry Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Congressional visits, committee meetings and education sessions.
- The International Production and Processing Expo (IPPE), the world's largest annual meat, poultry and feed trade show, will be held January 26-28, 2016, in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The NAMI Foundation and the Food Marketing Institute will co-host the 2016 Annual Meat Conference, February 21-23, 2016, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. The conference will address the latest industry and consumer trends in meat retailing.
- The Meat Pavilion at the National Grocers Association Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, February 28-March 2, 2016, offers members an opportunity to showcase their products before independent retailers and wholesalers. Please contact Eric Zito for more details, including ways to receive discounts to exhibit.
Additional information on the above conferences is forthcoming. For questions regarding any of these events, contact Sabrina Moore firstname.lastname@example.org or 202/587-4204, or Tina Marmor at email@example.com or 202/587-4267.share on facebook share on twitter