The North American Meat Institute (NAMI) is an association that represents family-owned businesses and international corporations with the vision to sustainably nourish local and global communities with wholesome meat and poultry.
We value stewardship, community and collaboration which is our way of saying we are ethically committed to do what is right for people, animals, communities, and the planet. We encourage and support continuous improvement; we embrace diversity in all we do and proactively engage others to build relationships across the food system. We value diverse perspectives and listen to all who are interested in our industry.
Our mission is to connect people and resources to strengthen trust in the food we produce, and we do that by providing reliable resources to our members.
Our organization is agile and forward thinking, and our team is collaborative and goal oriented.
Our HQ is located in Washington, DC. We offer a flexible work environment.
If you are interested in any of the open positions, please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and how your background meets its requirements along with your resume HR@meatinstitute.org.
Current Open Positions
Strategic Content and Programming DirectorReports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Job type: Full Time; Hybrid Work Schedule or Remote out of the DC area
This position will play a leading role in the industry’s implementation of the Protein PACT, an ambitious strategy to demonstrate our contributions to healthy people, healthy animals, healthy communities and a healthy planet.
Execution of industry content development to support continuous improvement including education programming across live and digital channels.
Who You Are
A well-organized, self-starter with a passion for creating educational content in a variety of forms that can be widely utilized by industry audiences. A team player with an entrepreneurial mindset who can work with the marketing team to effectively promote content to members. Strongly prefer a background in food or agriculture.
- Bachelor’s degree in training and development, teaching, workforce development or equivalent field and at least 6 years of experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least of 5 years of experience in the Agriculture meat and/or poultry industry. Education in this field may be substituted for experience.
- Broad understanding of meat industry topics.
- Association experience preferred.
- Create and organize educational programming and companion content to meet annual content strategy and education revenue goals.
- Develop annual educational program strategy, in collaboration with the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and membership/business development team, to encourage member continuous improvement and best practices on key emerging issues.
- Lead the content and resource development including education programming, webinars and other creative tools for NAMI members and NAMI Foundation focused in furtherance of the annual strategy.
- Identify emerging member education needs and identify experts and other resources to address those needs.
- Work closely with membership and business development staff to ensure content is consistent with conference and business development plans and effectively utilized for attendance promotion, partnerships and marketing.
- Research and recommend new forms of trainings and content delivery to benefit members.
- Serve as liaison to external industry association partners and other education providers to create and implement collaborative content.
- Participate in committee activities to inform program planning.
- Project manager for consumer research efforts and provide guidance on how to utilize consumer research for member continuous improvement.
- Active Listening
- Customer Service
$81,492 - $102,000 per year. Actual salary depends on experience and qualification.
NAMI offers medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents. Eligible employees may select from three CareFirst PPO medical plans, including one health reimbursement account (HRA) funded by the organization.
Flexible spending benefits
NAMI offers Flexible Spending Accounts, which offset out-of-pocket medical and dependent care costs by allowing eligible participants to set aside pre-tax funds to pay for medical and childcare expenses.
Basic term life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
NAMI provides eligible employees group term life including accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage equal to twice an employee’s base salary up to $550,000 plus an additional group term life benefit of $25,000.
NAMI offers long-term disability benefits. These benefits pay a percentage of your earnings in the event of a disability. Retirement savings plan
NAMI’s 401(k) plan allows eligible participants to save pre-tax dollars for retirement. Participants are immediately eligible to receive matching contributions from NAMI.
NAMI provides eligible employees paid vacation, sick benefits. Annual vacation leave is accrued each pay period and the accrual is determined by years of service. NAMI also offers paid holidays.
Health and wellness
NAMI is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. We offer a variety of benefits, programs and sessions dedicated to our employee’s wellbeing.
NAMI also offers family leave benefits, transportation benefits, professional development assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.